IP HARBOUR WRITER GUIDELINES
- Whilst there’s no word limit articles should be punchy and focused;
- As a starting point articles should be structured as follows: main opening point, what is the issue, who are the parties, what are the key points, are there counter points, discussion of law if any, discussion of wider issues if any, opinion and conclusion, if appropriate. The article should tell a story so make sure the reader is guided appropriately;
- Do not be either overly formal nor colloquial. Remember readers are legal professions but these are not academic articles;
- Refer back to articles published on this where possible;
- Use short paragraphs to express each idea;
- Always reference statistics, authorities, judgments, quotes or material directly stemming from third parties, using hyperlinks; and
- Proofread more than once.